There are multiple proposals from the Biden administration and members of Congress would rely on tax increases on family-owned farms to fund increased spending.
Advances in Pulse Electric Field (PEF) technology represent both cost savings and increasing sustainability measures in potato processing.
Vermont Valley Farm is nestled in the driftless region of Southeast Wisconsin, which features steep hills with shallow topsoil.
New technology is transforming the center pivot beyond a tried and trusted irrigating tool to one that can measure its own efficiency, as well monitor fields for weed or pest problems.
- Potato grower to chair Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association
- US potato stocks up 13% from last year, per USDA
- Produce leaders, senators meet with Vilsack to discuss ag labor reform
- Summit Agro lowers recommended rate for Colorado potato beetle insecticide
- Proposed inheritance tax changes would be devastating for family farms, study shows
Potato stocks in Idaho on June 1, 2021 totaled 26.0 million cwt. Disappearance of the Idaho crop to date was 109 million cwt, according to a June 16 report released by the USDA.
Aaron Troyer, the new chair of the Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association (FFVA), steps into... more »
Rocky Mountain Russet, a Colorado State University cultivar, are attractive tubers with high yield potential and resistance to many common potato plant diseases.
- Potato Association of America Annual Meeting (virtual)
July 26 • Virtual Event
- National Potato Council Summer Meeting
July 27 • Virtual Event
- Potatoes USA Summer Meeting
August 2 • Louisville, Kentucky
- Empire Farm Days
August 3 • Seneca Falls, New York
- Agri Expo 2021
August 11 • Grand Falls, New Brunswick