Nov 17, 2023Potato LEAF selects 2024 Leadership Institute class
The Potato Leadership, Education, and Advancement Foundation (Potato LEAF) has selected the 2024 class of the potato industry’s Leadership Institute.
The 10-day program, set for Feb. 21-March 1, will provide participants an overview of the local and national potato industries, including challenges beyond the production sector, along with tours of local agricultural businesses in Idaho.
Additionally, participants will hear from public policy and communication experts and practice how to effectively deliver messages, according to a news release. Finally, the class will join other growers to brief members of Congress on U.S. potato industry policy priorities during the National Potato Council’s 2024 Washington Summit.
Bryan Bender of Bender Potatoes in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, a 2023 program graduate, will serve as the Grower Leader elected from last year’s class.
The 2024 Potato Industry Leadership class:
- Brent Harrison, Center, Colorado.
- Ryan Holland, Hooper, Colorado.
- Aurora Hollenbeck, Denver, Colorado.
- Tyler Lloyd, Burley, Idaho
- Tyler Maughan, Oakley, Idaho
- Adam Nielson, Jackson, Idaho
- Cody Richins, Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Justin Searle, Firth, Idaho
- Colin Szawlowski, Hadley, Massachusetts.
- Christopher Flewelling, Easton, Maine
- Garrett Hemphill, Presque Isle, Maine
- Ryan Norton, Vicksburg, Michigan.
- Drew Thorlund, Greenville, Michigan.
- Kurt Dykema, Manhattan, Montana.
- Katie Vculek, Crete, North Dakota.
- Jeremy Clark, Bliss, New York.
- Zack Troyer, Waterford, Pennsylvania.
- Jonathon Springstead, Boardman, Oregon.
- Kyrel Andrus, Kennewick, Washington.
- Austin Lenssen, Ferndale, Washington.
- Damon Christensen, Mattawa, Washington.
- Michael Hughes, Mount Vernon, Washington.
- Kalie Christensen, Westfield, Wisconsin.
- Becky Eddy, Rhinelander, Wisconsin.