Sep 10, 2019IAS automates diesel pump, generator for center-pivot systems
Irrigation Automation Systems, a leader in remote monitoring and control via the internet of agricultural process control, has introduced automation for center pivot systems using diesel or other engines via the XR3000 and RF90 CN (control node radio).
This breakthrough technology provides world wide connectivity for farmers using center pivot systems. The product has already been a difference-maker for Irving Farms, a potato-growing operation in Caribou, Maine.
“You can start and monitor your pump and pivot generator with a smartphone or tablet,” said Robbie Irving, a sixth-generation member of the Irving family to farm potatoes in northern Maine. “For someone with pivots spread out over many miles — which is not unusual in Aroostook County — this could be a lifesaver.”
About the XR3000
The XR3000 Configurable Logic Controller exemplifies a new, more accessible form of automation controller. Its enabling technology allows users to implement and manage their own automation needs for many types of installations ranging from automated irrigation control, crop monitoring, reservoir management and other applications. Features include:
- Links up to 8 RF90 II sensor radios to monitor and alert on almost any condition, including: temperature, soil moisture, pressure, tank level, CO2, RH, etc
- Links up to 8 RF90II CN radios to control various functions remotely
- User interface via HarvestWatch, easy to use online management system
- Provides near realtime data feedback; the system polls on a 5-minute interval
- Equipped with 4G technology
- Automation via the XR3000 reduces operating costs, improves crop yields, reduces water and fuel usage and shrinks one’s carbon footprint RF90 II CN
- The industry standard communication and control device
- Provides remote control with with the XR3000 II
- Control Node radio provides wireless remote control
- The products are U.S.-made in Whitinsville, Massachusetts
IAS products give growers the ability to control irrigation, monitor engine/motor status via HarvestWatch. HarvestWatch is the third-generation of IAS web-based backend software from which growers can manage pumps, monitor pumps, crops, engines and other resources, set alarms, manage users and review historical data.
For more information, visit iassym.com.