Aug 27, 2018Valley releases new variable rate irrigation program
Valley Irrigation has released its next-generation variable rate irrigation solution, VRI-iS, which is designed to give growers control of individual sprinklers for optimal control of water application.
“The Valley VRI-iS solution offers field-proven hardware to go with an updated VRI web application,” said Product Manager Craig Bell. “Valley listened to growers and has developed an application that satisfies their VRI needs and integrates with our AgSense smart irrigation solution.”
VRI-iS features and benefits
- The Valley VRI-iS program is web-based and can be accessed using AgSense credentials.
- New VRI-iS prescription software can generate or edit prescriptions.
- Shape files and sprinkler package data can be imported to create prescriptions.
- Prescriptions can be sent to Valley ICON panels using the built-in ICON Link, or to Pro2 panels via Valley CommanderVP.
- Fields are divided into sectors every 0.1 degrees; customized VRI prescriptions change application rates or turn off individual sprinklers over no-spray areas.
- Uses GPS position to control water application depth changes.