May 15, 2018Several Idaho positions still open on Potatoes USA board
Potatoes USA is still searching for seven delegates from Idaho to fill its board. On June 7, at 1 p.m., the group will hold a nomination meeting for Idaho delegates to serve on the board.
Responsibilities of this assignment include:
- Attend the board’s annual meeting in Denver, always held the third week in March.
- Represent and communicate with his/her constituents on a regular basis
- Dedicate the time to actively support Potatoes USA activities in his/her area
- Be available when called by Potatoes USA staff to speak to grower groups, newspaper reporters and interested parties about Potatoes USA programs; the value of the board to all growers; how the 3¢/hundredweight assessment is invested; and how interested parties can become active in the promotion of potatoes.
To be eligible to vote in nomination meetings or to hold a position on the board, producers must grow potatoes on five or more acres. Each producer may only vote in one nomination meeting and may only vote once for each position to be filled on behalf of him or herself, partner(s) or corporation. Proxies must accompany voting on behalf of partners.
- Determine the producer is eligible and willing to serve if appointed before the producer is nominated. In order to serve, the producer’s assessments to the National Potato Promotion Board, a.k.a., United States Potato Board, must be current.
- Only one nominee is required for each position to be filled. The name of a runner-up (if any) should also be reported to the board on the “Nomination Meeting Report” form.
The meeting will be held at the Red Lion Inn located at 1555 Pocatello Creek Rd, Pocatello, ID 83201. There will also be a conference call line set up for meeting at 208-514-4226. Participant code 1111#. Each potato organization growing more than five acres of potatoes is eligible to participate in nominating and voting for these positions.
If you have any questions, Potatoes USA advises to call Travis Blacker at 208-360-9560.