May 21, 2020Potatoes USA summer meetings moving to virtual format
Due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, Potatoes USA’s summer meetings will be virtual in 2020.
The original plan was to hold the meetings from July 27-30 in Portland, Oregon. Potatoes USA CEO Blair Richardson issued a letter and schedule on May 20 to notify members and industry partners of the change.
“We were hopeful we could hold our meetings in person, (but) the regulations established by the State of Oregon for reopening business activities and group events along with the need to make the decision in a timely manner has forced this adjustment,” he said.
The meeting schedule is (all times at MDT):
- July 16 — Research Committee Meeting, 1 to 3 p.m.
- July 22 — Domestic Marketing Committee Meeting, 9 a.m. to noon
- July 23 — International Marketing Committee Meeting, 9 a.m. to noon
- July 24 — Industry Outreach Committee Meeting, 10 a.m. to noon; Finance & Policy Committee Meeting, 1 to 2 p.m.
- July 27 — New Administrative Committee Civil Rights Training, 10 a.m. to noon
- July 28 — Executive Committee Meeting, 9 a.m. to noon
- July 29 — Administrative Committee Meeting, 8 a.m. to noon
Registration will open in late June. Questions should be directed to Meeting and Events Manager Chelsea Gray at [email protected].