Nov 5, 2018Soil health symposium coming from Washington State University
Registration is open for Washington State University’s upcoming “Building Soils for Better Potato Crops” symposium.
The two-day event is scheduled for Dec. 5-6, 2018 at Big Bend Community College in Moses Lake in central Washington. Day one is open to everyone, but day two is for potato growers only.
Day one topics include:
- Recent Developments in Soil Organic Matter Research
- Soil Health and Water Dynamics
- Soil Health and Soil-Borne Pest Suppression
- What Nematodes Can Tell You About the Health of Your Soil
- Soil Health and Verticillium
- Enhancing Soil Health in U.S. Potato Production Systems
Day two will feature an out-of-state grower presentation, grower panel and breakout discussions.
Cost is $25 for the symposium. Day two is free, but there is a cap of 50 growers. Pre-registration is required.
Visit irrigatedag.wsu.edu for more information.