Jun 19, 2017Pivot Control Lite added to FieldNET product line
FieldNET by Lindsay has added a new product to its line of remote pivot monitoring and control solutions – Pivot Control Lite. According to the company, this product provides growers with a simple, economical option for remote monitoring and control of existing center pivots. An end-of-pivot mounted controller, Pivot Control Lite has management capabilities that previously were only available with more expensive and complex solutions, the company said.
Pivot Control Lite is designed for retrofit on virtually any brand or model of electric center pivots. FieldNET by Lindsay said the capabilities in this remote pivot solution gives growers the ability to:
- Check the status of their pivot anytime from virtually anywhere via smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Receive text message alerts when the operational status of the pivot changes.
- Remotely change the application depth, reverse or stop the pivot, control the end-gun and run variable rate plans.
- Utilize FieldNET Advisor, to help manage when, where and how much to water.
- Consolidate different brands of pivots onto one universal remote interface, so all irrigation equipment can be monitored and controlled via the same FieldNET web portal and mobile applications.
- Easily transfer equipment from one pivot to another on leased or rotational land.
Pivot Control Lite installs on the last pivot tower which is easier to access from the edge of a field. According to FieldNET, the system also comes with an optional cable theft detection package, so even when the pivot is powered off, Pivot Control Lite will be actively monitoring the span cable.
For more information about Pivot Control or Pivot Control Lite, visit www.myfieldnet.com.