May 21, 2019New app allows growers to sell directly to consumers, restaurants
FarmComm has partnered with a new mobile app named Vinder to provide a free mobile marketplace to every vegetable farmer that wants to sell to local consumers and local restaurants in any community across the United States.
The Vinder app lets individual and restaurant buyers find and purchase fresh produce posted by local farmers. The app is free to download and browse but buyers pay a small fee to complete the transaction which keeps Vinder free to sell on and saves farmers money. Transactions are completed face to face. As a startup company, Vinder has limited support staff, which is where FarmComm steps in to assist farmers with support for setup, getting off to a fast start and answering questions.
Vegetable farmers across the U.S. are adding more direct sales to boost cash flow and increase profitability, but not everyone wants to pack up for the farmers market every weekend. FarmComm and Vinder make it easy to pre-sell before the market and increase sales from your smartphone anytime, anywhere with zero investment and still have a positive impact on local your economy.
- To get free FarmComm marketing and technical support, email [email protected] when you download the app and someone will walk you through the setup process, or just enter promo code ‘farmcomm’ when you set up your account in the app.
- The app is available on Apple and Android.
- Vinder chosen by SXSW Food & City as one of the top 15 most innovative companies in the world for agricultural supply chain innovation.
- FarmComm has helped Vinder add hundreds of vegetable farmers across the country in the past months.
- FarmComm and Vinder profit-share with local-food related nonprofits and farmers markets to reinvest back into local economies and encourage more people to start growing and selling locally produced food.
FarmComm, based in Amarillo, Texas, is a local-food advocate and small farm technology source.