Oct 11, 2021Irrigation for processing potatoes focus of next WPC webinar
The next World Potato Congress webinar, “Basics of irrigation for processing potatoes and irrigation scheduling,” is set for 9 a.m. ET Nov. 11.
The webinar will be presented by Yechiam Gets, a crop model agronomist with Netafim, an Israel-based manufacturer of irrigation equipment.
This presentation will mark out the importance of proper irrigation of potatoes and highlight the importance of irrigation on locations during the growth season in light of climate change and rain absence. It also will detail the current solutions available for different scenarios and its pros and cons.
For the second part, the webinar feature test methods of proper irrigation scheduling for different irrigation systems and shall offer guidance for soil monitoring in irrigated potatoes and how to make conclusions from the results in order to maximize yield, uniformity and quality and also to face climate change and environmental challenges.
Other upcoming World Potato Congress webinars include:
- December 2021: Joel VanderSchaaf, Tuberosum Technologies
- January 2022: Liam Glennon, chairman, Organizing Committee, World Potato Congress 2022, Dublin, Ireland
- February: Denis Griffin, TEAGASC, Ireland
- March: Denis Griffin, TEAGASC, Ireland or Stephen Kildea, TEAGASC, Ireland
- April: Robert Graveland, HZPC
In case you missed any previous webinars, you can view them at www.potatocongress.org.