Oct 19, 2020IGSA announces $14,000 in scholarship awards
The Idaho Grower Shippers Association (IGSA) has announced its 2020 scholarship award winners, who will receive $14,000 in awards.
The 2020 winners, member companies and college they attend are:
- Karlene Ashcraft, Mart Produce, College of Southern Idaho
- Jose Briones, Robinson Farms, Idaho State University
- Joselynn Castillo, Wada Farms, Idaho State University
- Ben Christensen, Mart Produce, Utah State University
- Jani Fullmer, Rigby Produce, Brigham Young University-Idaho
- Kathryn Jensen, Wilcox Fresh, Idaho State University
- Carson Lazzarotto, Wada Farms, Boise State University
- Francisco Salazar, Gold Emblem Produce, College of Eastern Idaho
- Cole Searle, Taylor & Sons Inc., Utah State University
- Shalani Wilcox, Wilcox Produce, College of Southern Idaho
Established in 1928, the IGSA serves farmers and shippers of world-renowned Idaho potatoes. Members and their associated growers harvest about 13 billion pounds of potatoes each year and provide the world with a delicious and nutritional vegetable. The IGSA serves an important role in the Idaho potato industry by providing educational trainings, networking opportunities and creative solutions for our members’ needs. Visit idahoshippers.org for more info.