Oct 22, 2018Big Idaho Potato Harvest Meeting set for Nov. 14
The 2018 Big Idaho Potato Harvest Meeting, which features some of the most influential people in the industry, is right around the corner.
The event is set for the Shoshone-Bannock Hotel & Event Center in Fort Hall at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14. It will conclude with a dinner that includes Grower of the Year Awards.
The agenda includes:
- 10 a.m. to noon — Meetings for Idaho Grower Shippers Association (IGSA), United Growers of Idaho, Southern Idaho Potato Cooperation (SIPCO) and the Idaho Association of Commerce & Industry (IACI)
- Noon to 1:45 p.m. — Lunch and presentation by Idaho Potato Commission President/CEO Frank Muir
- 1:45 to 2:15 p.m. — PCN (Potato Cyst Nematode): The Facts and the Future featuring Dr. Tina Gresham, USDA-APHIS
- 2:15 to 3:15 p.m. — Quality Progress Update with Dr. Michael Thornton and Dr. Nora Olsen
- 3:15 to 4:15 p.m. — National updates by Potatoes USA and National Potato Council
- 4:15 to 5 p.m. — Reception
- 5 p.m. — Dinner including PAC auction and Grower of the Year Awards (conducted by Potato Growers of Idaho)
What: The Big Idaho Potato Harvest Meeting 2018
When: 10 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018
Where: Shoshone-Bannock Hotel & Event Center, 777 Bannock Trail, Fort Hall ID 83203