Nov 8, 2021Basic American Foods’ Duncanson joins IPC as commissioner
During the Idaho Potato Commission’s (IPC) November meeting, Mark Duncanson, the Director of Raw Material procurement at Basic American Foods, was sworn in to represent the processor sector of the industry.
Brett Jensen of Brett Jensen Farms and Bryan Wada of Wada Farms were appointed Chairman and Vice Chairman, respectively.
“Mark’s experience in finance and in sourcing raw agricultural ingredients will be extremely valuable as the industry continues to increase domestic and international demand for Idaho’s famous potatoes,” said Brett Jensen, Chairman, IPC.
Every marketing program the IPC initiates, whether it’s advertising, public relations, foodservice/retail promotions or social media, is designed to encourage consumers to proactively look for the “Grown in Idaho” seal and meet at least one of three overarching goals:
- Stimulate demand for all Idaho-branded potato products domestically and internationally
- Educate consumers that Idaho potatoes are nutritious, heart-healthy, and relevant for today’s lifestyles
- Build consumer and customer loyalty in seeking “Grown in Idaho” products
Nine Commissioners represent Idaho potato growers, shippers and processors. They are nominated by industry peers and selected by Gov. Brad Little.
The current commissioners are:
- Brett Jensen (Brett Jensen Farms) — Chairman
- Bryan Wada (Wada Farms) — Vice Chairman
- Ron Ambrose (4 Ace Farms)
- Todd Cornelison (High Country Potatoes)
- Mark Darrington (Big D Farms)
- Mark Duncanson (Basic American Foods)
- Eric Jemmett (J&S Farms)
- Paul Saito (McCain Foods US)
- Julie Van Orden (Garth Van Orden Farms)
To learn more, visit idahopotato.com/