Cultivar Corner: Natascha is an early, high-yielding yellow potato with great taste
Natascha is an early, high-yielding, cooking-type yellow potato with excellent taste. The variety has attractive, long oval tubers with shallow eyes and super yellow skin and flesh color. Natascha is very resistant to rhizoctonia, black leg and tuber rots.
- Developer: Solana. (Hanse Seed is the North American distributor.)
- Released: 2012
- Maturity: Early
- Foliage Development: Rapid
- Number of Tubers: Medium to high. Tubers are long oval shaped with smooth yellow skin and yellow flesh.
- Dormancy: Medium to short
- High resistance: Tuber blight, potato virus Y (PVY), rhizoctonia, black leg and bruising.
- Medium resistance: Leaf blight, scab and internal rust spot.
Yield and Quality
- Yield: High
- Share Oversize: Medium to low
- Share Undersize: Medium
- Cooking Type: B
- Discoloration Cooked: Low
- Discoloration Raw: Very low
- Dry Matter: Low to medium (18%)
More information and availability: Visit hanseseed.com or call 954-217-0964.