Jan 23, 2023Policy priorities identified for NPC Washington Summit
National Potato Council’s (NPC) annual Washington Summit provides a forum for potato industry members to discuss, define, and advocate for the policy priorities impacting their businesses and protecting their ability to farm.
During the 2023 NPC Washington Summit, attendees will advocate for issues that support the long-term health of America’s potato farms, including:
- Policies that support specialty crop producers in the 2023 Farm Bill
- Reinforcing the nutritional value of potatoes in federal feeding programs
- International trade priorities that expand the availability of U.S.-grown potatoes and potato products
- Reforming the broken agricultural labor system
- Funding essential research through the appropriations process
Help NPC stand up for potatoes on Capitol Hill by attending the 2023 Washington Summit. More details are available here.
– National Potato Council