Apr 18, 2013Syngenta potato blight hotline adds text alert
Syngenta’s Revus Top fungicide, in partnership with key universities in Idaho, Michigan, North Dakota, Oregon and Washington, continues to sponsor potato early blight and late blight hotlines in 2013.
This year Syngenta has added text messaging to alert growers of updates to their regions along with the toll-free hotlines. Growers can call the hotline for expert advice on weather conditions, disease-control measures and infection confirmations beginning in May.
The potato blight hotlines, managed by researchers at participating universities in each state, are available by calling:
• University of Idaho: 1-800-791-7195; text BLIGHTID to 97063 for alerts.
• Michigan State University: 1-888-379-9012; text BLIGHTMI to 97063 for alerts.
• North Dakota State University: 1-888-482-7286; text BLIGHTND to 97063 for alerts.
• Oregon State University: 1-800-705-3377; text BLIGHTOR to 97063 for alerts.
• Washington State University: 1-800-984-7400; text BLIGHTWA to 97063 for alerts.