United Fresh announces nominations for board
A slate of new officers and directors of the United Fresh Produce Association is scheduled to begin serving effective at the organization’s board of directors meeting April 22.
The new chairman will be Ron Carkoski, president and CEO of Four Seasons Family of Companies. The chairman-elect will be Brian W. Kocher, senior vice president and chief operating officer for Chiquita Brands International. Lorri A. Koster, chairman and CEO of Mann Packing, will continue to serve as secretary-treasurer. Current board chairman Ron Midyett, CEO of Apio, will move to the position of immediate past chairman and remain on the board and executive committee.
These industry leaders have been nominated to serve as new members of the board.
- Mark Campion, president of Taylor Farms Retail
- Rudi Groppe, president and CEO of Heinzen Manufacturing
- Steve Jarzombek, vice president of produce procurement and merchandising at Roundy’s Supermarkets
- Carissa Mace, president of the Fresh Produce and Floral Council
- Paul Mastronardi, president and CEO of Mastronardi Produce
- Rob Meek, CEO of Wada Farms Marketing Group
- Mike Orf, assistant vice president of produce operations at Hy-Vee
- Susan Reimer-Sifford, director of produce purchasing and distribution at Darden Restaurants
- Mario Steta, group vice president and general manager of central Mexico for Driscoll’s
Nominated as chairman of the United Fresh Foundation, which holds an ex officio position on the board of directors, is Jim Lemke, senior vice president of C.H. Robinson Worldwide.