Best new products selected at United Fresh
Best new products selected at United Fresh Attendees to the United Fresh Produce Association’s annual convention and expo in San Diego cast their votes May 16 and recognized this year’s New Product Awards in five categories. More than 30 fresh fruit and vegetable innovations competed in the categories of Best New Food Safety Solution, Best New Fruit Product, Best New Packaging, Best New Packing/Processing Equipment, and Best New Vegetable Product.
The 2013 New Product Award winners are:
- Best New Food Safety Solution: FoodLink Item, Food Link
- Best New Fruit Product: Lil Snappers, Sunkist Growers
- Best New Packaging Product: Sunset Display Ready Box, Mastronardi Produce
- Best New Packing/Processing Equipment: RayFly Optical Sorter, Raytec Vision
- Best New Vegetable Product: Pumpkin Pie Baking Kit, AMF Farms/Bay Baby Produce
"These winning products have been selected by United attendees as outstanding representations of the new approaches, ideas and processes that are driving the fresh fruit and vegetable industry forward, and we applaud them for their product development,” said John Toner, United's vice president of convention and industry relations. "From its very beginnings, the United show has been the undisputed home of innovation for the produce industry, and these awards continue to showcase the best and brightest minds in the produce business."