United Produce Inspection Program
United Fresh and USDA-AMS are offering three courses of the Produce Inspection Training Program in 2013. These sessions are designed to help produce industry members better understand the breadth of the total produce inspection process.
The program is offered in two specialized courses. “Fundamentals of Produce Inspection” focuses on topics such as inspection essentials, the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act, sampling procedures and general market principles.
The three-day “Commodity Labs” takes place in the lab and applies the principles learned to real product inspections. Each lab will cover grapes, lettuce, potatoes, strawberries and tomatoes and up to seven additional commodities.
Course dates are:
• January 14-18: Full Course (Fundamentals & Labs)
• January 14-15: Fundamentals of Inspection
• January 16-18: Commodity Labs
• June 3-7: Full Course (Fundamentals & Labs)
• June 3-4: Fundamentals of Inspection
• June 5-7: Commodity Labs
• September 16-20: Full Course (Fundamentals & Labs)
• September 16-17: Fundamentals of Inspection
• September 18-20: Commodity Labs
Class size is limited and attendees are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information click here or contact Shannon Young, education manager, at 202-303-3400, ext. 405.