USPB seeking new board members
Nominations are now open for new members for the United States Potato Board (USPB) for the 2013-2016 term. Twelve members will be elected to fill the seats of outgoing board members. Nominating process will be completed by Aug 1.
State potato organizations have received information and materials to begin the process of recruiting and nominating interested growers. Growers elected will be seated during the USPB's annual meeting in Colorado Springs, Colo., March 12-15, 2013.
Board members should communicate the interests of their region to the board and carry the message of the board to their growing community.
Nominees to the USPB should be willing to:
• Attend the USPB's annual meeting in March each year of their three-year term, 2013-2016.
• Be active in the potato-growing community.
• Be visible in community work, participate in local government and cultural and business affairs - someone who is a leader.
• Be willing to represent and communicate with their constituents on a regular basis.
• Take time to actively support USPB programs in their area.
• Speak to grower groups, newspaper reporters and interested parties about USPB programs, relating the value of the Board to all growers, how the 3 cent per hundredweight assessment is invested and ask for input from those interested in the promotion of potatoes.
Those interested in serving on the USPB should contact either their state manager or Alexandra Imhof, USPB Industry Communications & Policy assistant manager, at email@example.com or 303-369-7783.